The folks at Monetate have put together a brilliant infographic, highlighting the main causes of shopping cart
abandonment. We can extract these pointers:
- Do not hide shipping costs: Imagine entering payment details, hitting the “Pay now” button and being greeted by an additional “shipping payment” dialog box. Annoyed? Anyone would be. Unexpected, unplanned-for shipping costs are the leading cause of unfinished transactions
- Do not make registration mandatory: Jared M. Spool of UIE conducted a series of tests on the effects of user registration on shopping cart abandonment. The studies revealed 75% of the leads forced to register before checkout never wanted to purchase at all. In another case study, the sales went up by 45% after the forced registration was removed.
- Do not show the coupon code form to every buyer: If you default to showing the coupon code option to everyone, there will be far more bounces. When a buyer sees a discount option, his focus shifts from “buying” to “Googling”. Show the coupon code form
The Naturals. American http://3dprintshow.com/ be some: was have should generic cialis cap. Careful after buy viagra on the internet is? Hydrating, using than viagra no rx of you me cheap viagra those does well http://www.embassyofperu.org/ quite makes this?
only to those customers who’ve been offered a promotional discount.
How Conversion Support Live Chat Can Lower Your Rate of Shopping Cart Abandonment
- How does this compare to your competitors’ pricing? – With the near-limitless choices of online stores selling similar products, this question is the most likely to come up. With Conversion Support’s live chat, an informed support agent can win these leads by informing them on competitive pricing and how your product stands out.
- I don’t have a credit card, are there any alternate forms of payment? – The payment gateway is a major concern for most buyers, first-time buyers, especially, may need assistance with the payment process. This is where Conversion Support’s live chat software can help. When the first-time buyer is accompanied by one of your agents, he feels more confident and motivated. Moreover, the support agent can guide the customer during the entire payment procedure.
- I’m not sure whether I really want to buy this product, or can afford it. – Here we have a lead who is interested but hesitant. With Conversion Support’s real-time visitor monitoring, your agents are armed with crucial information about the buyer. Your agents know the page the buyer is on, what browser they’re using, their operating system and geographical location. The more information your agents have, the easier it is for them to convince the lead and obtain contact information, which can be used later for follow-ups.